2977 Skyland Drive
Offered At: $495,000
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
3 Reasons You Will Fall in Love with This Home
1. The floorplan. Once you enter this beautiful bungalow, you immediately feel warm and welcomed. The living room is the first to greet you with its natural light and built-in cabinetry. The gorgeous hardwood floors can be found throughout the home. Next, you enter the open main living area, consisting of the family room, dining area, and kitchen. The kitchen boasts stainless steel GE appliances, white Mission-style cabinetry, and granite countertops. The kitchen also has a breakfast bar and a custom built-in breakfast nook. The family room features a floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace with a rustic wood mantel, and the dining area can seat 4-6 comfortably. The main level has two bedrooms and a full bath, and the upper level houses the master suite and office. This home is set up both for entertaining and for the ease of everyday life!
2. It has an awesome backyard. A lovely screened porch extends your living and entertaining space outdoors! Entertain guests on the screened porch with picturesque views of the private backyard and no worries of rain. A brick paver patio gives you a place to grill out and dine al fresco. Mature trees and many different types of plant life lend the perfect amount of privacy as well as beauty. There’s plenty of space in the yard to set up a swing set or playhouse, play outdoor games and sports, or just run around. Dog owners will love to just let their dog out back and watch them run free. The home also backs up to Ashford Forest Greenspace, a protected forest – so you will always have that privacy.
3. It’s in a fantastic location. This home gives you .30 acres of property, inside the perimeter, within walking distance of restaurants, retail, parks, schools, services, and more! What’s more, it’s just minutes from Brookhaven’s top hot spots on Dresden Drive, like Kaleidoscope, Verde, Haven, and The One Sushi, and Town Brookhaven, where you will find Publix, Marshalls, and Costco. You get easy access to Ashford Park, to interstates, and to Buckhead shopping and nightlife. The Brookhaven Farmers’ Market happens every Saturday from 9-12 as well as many other seasonal activities and events in town like the Brookhaven Beer Fest, the Brookhaven Arts Festival, and the Chili Cook-Off.
- Three bedrooms / two full baths
- Hardwood floors and tons of natural light throughout
- Family room, kitchen, and dining area open to one another — perfect for entertaining!
- Renovated kitchen features granite countertops, tiled backsplash, white Mission-style cabinetry, stainless steel GE appliances, breakfast bar with pendant lighting, walk-in pantry, and built-in breakfast nook with bench
- Family room boasts floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace with rustic wood mantel and spacious dining area
- Formal living room/sitting room with built-in cabinetry
- “Mud area” with built-in bench, cubbies, & hooks for bags next to laundry room with cabinetry
- Hardwood stairs with wrought-iron spindles lead to upper level with master suite featuring large bedroom with sitting area, plus huge walk-in closet with built-in shelving
- Master bath features dual vanity with granite countertops, jetted tub, walk-in shower with mosaic tile, dual controls and frameless glass enclosure, plus additional built-ins for storage
- Upper level landing with wall of windows large enough for an office
- Two bedrooms on the main level with ample closet space
- Secondary bath on main has single vanity & tiled tub/shower
- Screened porch extends entertaining/living space outdoors
- Big backyard with brick paver patio and tons of open greenspace for playing
- Home backs up to protected Ashford Forest Greenspace, featuring walking/hiking trails
- Entire interior of home repainted in 2017; exterior repainted in 2016 – complete top to bottom renovation in 2012!
- Active, family-friendly neighborhood with regular neighborhood activities and events
- Sought-after Brookhaven location near Dresden Drive hot spots like Valenza, Kaleidoscope, Pour, & The One Sushi; shopping; and only .2 miles to Ashford Park, featuring tennis courts, playground, picnic areas, & rec center
- Easy access to MARTA, Perimeter business district, Buckhead shopping and night life, midtown, & downtown